NYGZ!♥
Instructor
LIN LAO SHI! :D
Lin Pei Pei LS

Teachers in Charge
Zheng LS
Mrs Chang

Committee.09

President
Han Yi

Vice - President
Tongzhen
Jiayun

Treasurer
Yi Lin
Hui Ker

Secretary
Amanda
Yuxuan

Scores - In - Charge
Jiayin
Zhiqi

Student Conductor
Chongmin
Jessica Teck

Activity Co-ordinator
Ting yi
Ke yu

Property Manager
Ruth
Pei Qi

SECONDAY.FOURS.06
Marilyn Ho
Jie Ying
Hui Min
Keqin

SECONDAY.FOURS.07
Yu Hui
Shu Hui
Shion Yee
Xue Ying
Li Ting
Qi Yan
Pamelia
Yu Yue
Melody
Jolyn

SECONDARY.FOURS.08
Jia Yi
Jing Jing
Clara
Elizabeth
Cheng Xin
Wen Jiao
Ying Hong
Yang Fan
Vivien
Li Yue
Zhen Ping
Lydia
Florence

SEC.FOURS.09
Han Yi
Ting Yi
Sze Yuan
Meiko
Ruth
Ma Ke
Hsiao Chu
Yeqi
Tong Zhen
Rania
Biyuan
Yu Xuan
Jia Yin
Chong Min
Yilin
Amanda

SEC.THREES.09
Ke Yu
Sheena
Yi Jun
Amanda
Jia Yun
Shu Fang
Claire
Yining
Jie Yin
Justina
Xiao Lei
Joelle
Mabel
Songyan
Hui Ker
Zhi Qi
Jessica Choo
Jessica Teck
Lin Sha

SEC.TWOS.09
Cao Zhi Yi
En Ning
Xinda
Jing Yi
Pei Qi
Wei Ping
Kerry
Bao Yi
Denise
Hannah
Gin

SEC.ONES.09
Tze She
Yiyuan
Qian Hui
Rui Xuan
Yeow Xuan
Jia Xin
Rui Qi
Jolene
AiXin
Mignon
Li Xin
Jing Ci
Shin Yee
Hui Ting
Han Yi

Hey there ;)


Birthdays
JANUARY.01
6thLIYUE
20thKEYU
23rdYING HONG
28thJING JING
31stCHERIE

FEBURARY.02
13thAMANDA ONG
24thJIAYUN
27thTONG ZHEN

MARCH.03
1stQIYAN
5thHSIAO CHU
5thXIAO LEI
8thHAN YI
9thZHEN PING
23rdSZE YUAN
24thSHU FANG
23rdYING HONG
26thXUE YING

APRIL.04
1stVIVIEN
2ndZHI QI
9thLITING
12thCRYSTAL
18thFLORENCE
23rdYI JUN
25thJIA YIN

MAY.05
2ndYANG FAN
3rdMABEL
5thSHEENA
9thCHENGXIN
12thJESSICA CHOO
14thCHONG MIN
15thRANIA
20thTING YI
22ndHUI KER
26thAMANDA HE

JUNE.06
16thJIE YIN
29thYU XUAN
30thCLARA

JULY.07
5thSHU HUI
7thMEIKO
7thWEN JIAO
14thMA KE
21stSHION YEE
RUTH

AUGUST.08
1stJIAYI
3rdJESSICA TECK
4thXIN YI

SEPTEMBER.09
11thYILIN
20thCLAIRE

OCTOBER.10
1stJOELLE

NOVEMBER.11
1stJUSTINA
14thELIZABETH
15thYU HUI
19thMELODY
27thPAMELIA
29thYU YUE

DECEMBER.12
7thLYDIA

Our Glorious Past
July 2005
August 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
August 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
September 2009
October 2009
December 2009
April 2011

Credits
AMANDA HE
For NYGZ♥

Pictures: AMANDA HE,
deviantart
Tagboard: cbox
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Hello my dear juniors,

This is Yuhui here :) Alright in case you guys don't know me, I was the one who spoke to y'all after rehearsal practice today, and the one you see coming back rather frequently!

A big pat on the back to all of you girls! - for the number of hours, energy, and emotions you have invested into SYF for the past months :D I think all of you would agree that in one way or another, you have grown through this experience, either as a leader guiding your juniors, or as a junior learning from your seniors, and laoshi.

You guys have really really improved since the last time I heard (which was very long ago haha). I'm sure the sec4s and SLs have been making sure that laoshi's words get translated into the playing. GOOD JOB JUNIORS! :D

Remember - this musical expression that you have so painstakingly built up cannot be undermined by the lack of 台风 (in other words 动作!) They go hand in hand, and your facial and body expression can help maximize the musical expression. You don't force out the movements simply because laoshi, or the seniors demand that from you. But understand why and how it helps in our delivery of your piece. People have 5 senses! Its not only what we HEAR, but also what we SEE, that affects the impact of your delivery. It really is a waste and a pity, if the lack of 动作 undermines such astounding pieces. Remember that you have to do justice to these beautiful pieces you have here :D

And also, facial expression goes hand in hand with 动作 k? Actually both 动作 and facial expression will come naturally if you identify enough with the emotive expression of the music.

I remember that in 07 SYF, laoshi was trying to make us smile when we played 春节序曲 (which is supposed to be a very happy song). And me being me, I in turn forced myself and all my juniors to plaster the smiles across their faces. I have to admit, that was pretty faked and forced haha! But you know what? That last Saturday practice before SYF - I found myself smiling unconsciously as we were playing the song ; I only realized I was smiling when I saw my fellow gz3 SL smiling so genuinely back at laoshi when I was halfway through the piece. When I saw her smiling, that just made me even HIGHER when I was playing that happy piece! As I mentioned just now, its about resonating with laoshi, and mutually strengthening the emotions that you deliver. I guess thats what they call 默契 :) And unless you are a great actor, I don't think its possible to mask how we feel, right? If you are genuinely immersed in the happiness and beauty of the music like in 梦蝶, I think it's hard to look sian. And when you feel that sense of urgency and fighting spirit in 草原, it will be hard not to look all geared up and intense. I'm sure laoshi has painted alot of images (画面) and stories when she went about explaining the expressions of the songs. Immerse yourself in those 画面 - i'm sure the emotions will come, and they will translate naturally into your facial and body expressions, and of course musical expression as well. Even if it doesn't come so naturally at first, just try your best, and like me, I'm sure the forced actions will evolve into something genuine before you know it. :)

And that's when the expression is so rich, it makes an audience feel that 'tangling' sensation!!! For a few moments this afternoon, I felt that sensation. But it needs to more forthcoming and impactful! :) I understand that you girls are very worn out by CCA practices on top of the demanding school work, but press on. And remember to throw that weariness away when you play your piece. That's what laoshi calls '进入状况'. Just like an actor cannot say that he is unable to act as a clown because he is affected by his personal sorrows, we cannot bring our weariness into the music we are delivering. We have to get into the mode/状况 of the songs.

Maintaining this 状况 will be very very very very important on SYF day itself. Being careless and slipping out of 状况 on the actual day will negate whatever you girls have been practising for all these while. I'm speaking from experience haha. I remember laoshi telling us that we need 200% concentration to maintain that focus. On the way to the SYF venue, stay in 状况 and maintain it all the way! Its easy to slip out of 状况 due to many other factors - the stress, the sense of unfamiliarity (due to different venues etc). We really need EVERYONE of you to demand 200% concentration from yourself, okay?

This is a very long post and I really appreciate you girls for reading this!

SYF was an extremely rewarding experience for me, and it was such an important part of my nygz journey. Even though it was 4 years ago for me, I don' think that sense of pride - for how much I have grown, and how my fellow gz mates have grown - feels any lesser :) I hope you girls can have this experience as part of your repository of beautiful memories as you look back :D And it is for these beautiful memories that keeps me coming back to nygz year after year (even though the juniors during my time have all graduated haha :))

加油 我亲爱的学妹们!
Awe the audience with your energy and rich expression! :)

With love,
Yuhui <3



-----------------------------------------------------------